amd64 security - was Re: X.org and NVidia

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 09:51 +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> GOMBAS Gabor <gombasg@sztaki.hu> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 09:24:42AM -0400, Matthias Julius wrote:
> >
> >> I think staying with testing is the best thing to do for
> >> non-developers anyways.
> >
> > Has the problem of security updates been solved for testing? If not,
> > using testing is worse than using sid (breakage of a dependency may keep
> > an important security update out of testing for a looong time). Esp. for
> > non-developers who do not tend to know too much about security issues...
> >
> > Gabor
>
> If you have security concerns neither testing nor sid is acceptable.
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

I'm sorry to say that if you have security concerns, the whole amd64
port is not acceptable so far :( It is more than one month after the
release of amd64 stable, and security support is still lacking. Moreover
http://www.debian.org/ports/amd64/ is falsely saying the opposite.

Pavel