Re: X.org and NVidia

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> You can recompile the nvidia-glx yourself too if that is the only
> problem you hit in sid. But if you aren't sure about that, then
> staying with etch till the transition moves there in one big jump is
> the best thing to do.

I think staying with testing is the best thing to do for
non-developers anyways.  In general testing is not that far behind
unstable.  Was it two weeks that packages need to be without severe
bugs in unstable to migrate to testing?  Packages that don't migrate
usually have some problems.  What you get in return is a much more
stable system especially during transitions like the current ones.
And KDE 3.3 and XFree86 are not that terrible that I could not wait a
couple more weeks.

And if you really need a package from unstable you can install it on
testing without problems in most cases.  At least without more
problems than you have with running unstable.