Re: X.org and NVidia

On 7/20/05, Andrei Mikhailovsky <andrei@arhont.com> wrote:
Is there any other way? Or waiting for debian developers to fix these
issues is the only way?

This is what in my opinion Goswin meant by 'Welcome to sid!' in two or three other threads. If you are running sid you must expect such dependency issues to happen (though I agree this is quite a complex situation right now). If you are not actively working on and supporting the transition the only thing - with regards to sid - is to wait. Because the current issues affect basically everybody using sid (+x.org +kde) I suppose people are heavily working on it and a resolution will come soon.

I found a working way for myself by falling back to testing (etch), installing both x.org and KDE 3.4.1 from Ubuntu (on a different partition) which also allows me to use the Nvidia driver incl. glx. This at least allows me to continue my 'reglular desktop use' of the system until everything has been sorted out in sid.

As soon as the transitions in sid are done (i.e. x.org and the kde dependencies), and a dist-upgrade will clean up everything on my sid partition, I will switch back to that environment again.

--
Best regards / Mit den besten Grüssen
Sven Krahn