Re: X.org and NVidia

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 12:01 +0200, Alexander Jede wrote:
> Is there a trick, that I can use apt-get as usual and not get this
> message:
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
>   nvidia-glx: Depends: xlibmesa-glu but it is not installed or
>                        libglu but it is not installable or
>                        libglu1
> E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.
>
> Thanks for help.
> Alexander

apt-get -f install wants to uninstall half of my X programs, such as
gnome, kde and a bunch of other useful things, which is not an option

The following packages will be REMOVED:
  alsamixergui bittorrent-gui fgfs-base flightgear freeglut3 gnome
gnome-desktop-environment gxine k3b kcontrol kdelibs4-dev kdepim-dev
  konqueror libarts1-dev libfltk1.1c102 libgle3 libglut3 libkcal2-dev
libkdepim1-dev libkgantt0-dev libkleopatra0-dev
  libkpimexchange1-dev libksieve0-dev libktnef1-dev libmimelib1-dev
libopenexr-dev libopengl-perl libqt3-mt-dev libwxgtk2.4 libwxgtk2.4-1
  libwxgtk2.4-contrib libwxgtk2.4-dev libwxgtk2.4-python libxine1
planetpenguin-racer plib1.8.3 plib1.8.4 totem totem-xine tuxracer
  vegastrike vegastrike-data vegastrike-music x-window-system
x-window-system-core xine-ui xlibmesa-glu-dev xpp xscreensaver-gl
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 49 to remove and 40 not upgraded.

Is there any other way? Or waiting for debian developers to fix these
issues is the only way?

Many thanks,

--
Andrei