Re: Using Alioth Opteron net install to config MD raid1

Hi all

Trying to install daily build of sarge from 19052005 on to a RAID 5 system.

I am using the businesscard netinst image. I am using http://debian.csail.mit.edu/ as the mirror and "testing" as the version.

Root "/" is RAID 5.
/boot is just on a standard ext3 partition.

I am using expert install.

No matter which kernel option I choose after getting all the packages I get the following error when the installer gets to "apt-get -y install kernel-image....":

   dpkg: warning, architecture 'amd64' not in remapping table.

This message spams up the third terminal screen infinitely and the installer hangs.

I can get it back by going and killing the hung "apt-get -y install" process.

After I do that I get the message:

   /usr/sbin/mkinitrd: Cannot determine SCSI module
   Failed to create initrd image.

I do not know if what I see after I kill the bad process is significant.

If I do not use a RAID root partition, the system installs fine.

System specs are:

   Tyan Dual AMD M/B
   2x Opteron 250 CPUs
   SATA HDDs