Using Alioth Opteron net install to config MD raid1

I'm using an Alioth net install CD to put Debian onto a new dual opteron
PC using 2 SATA drives.

I'm getting confused during the drive setup process.....

What I'm wanting to do is use the raid 1 setup with each disk having 3
partitions (as in a workstation install):  root, swap, home.

How do I setup md to work with these partitions?

I seem to be able to use EITHER the 3-partition structure OR the RAID 1
structure (the install puts 1 ext3 partition into the RAID1 device).

Can I do what I want to with this install?

If I am not able to change these options, can I at least change the ext3
file system to an XFS system?  (I think XFS is cool!)

--
Rupert Heesom <rupert@heesom.org.uk>