Re: Installing Debain on My AMD64

I think running a 64bit system is all very nice (and fast), except for
software availability. Sure, most software has a working 64bit version
(unlike on Windows...), but a few pieces essential for the typical
user are missing: most browser plugins, openoffice, wine etc.

openoffice wont be far off, infact i believe its working 64 bit
already, wine well... seriously, and browser plugins? what
plugins do you mean?

i run debian on powerpc as my main laptop and i cant say ive ever
had any problems getting software. but on my windows machine i have
no end of trouble getting software.

Dean
--
WWW: http://dean.bong.com.au  LAN: http://www.bong.com.au