Re: Installing Debain on My AMD64

personnaly I've installed a small amd64 system on an empty drive, then I have mounted my x86 system in /mnt/upg, chrooted it, compiled and install a new kernel, then apt-get update (with the alioth source) and finally apt-get dist-upgrade, after having rebooted on the updated system I ran an new apt-get dist-upgrade -f (some apps needs an access to /proc ...)

it worked fine for me (even if I had to uninstall some packages that were not supported ;( )