Re: fujitsu-siemens primergy rx300 s2

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 00:47:22 +0100, "dr.bob" <dr.bobik@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm I can't really say ATM. All I can say right now is I used a
> current amd64 netinstall image, and now I recall that tg3 did complain
> something which
> might have been about not finding a firmware file, so that might explain
> some.
> I'll look further into the issue after the easter weekend, I might come back
> to you then if you don't mind.

Well i tried the ubuntu-amd64 (hoary preview) installer, and aside
from being buggy
in several ways that perhaps aren't worth mentioning here, it's not
able to support
the BCM5700 NIC, either.

So it remains an open question: how to install debian-amd64 on a machine with
BCM5700 NICs?

lspci -v recognizes these specific cards as
"Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5721 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (rev 11)"