Re: how to: chroot 32bit (forgot one thing)

Hi Erik,

you are talking about mounting the chroot. i think that you are talking about the point where it is explained how to mount some partions like /home INTO the chroot - this ist necessary. Because without this mounts you wouldn't be able to save date in your home dir because it isn't available in the chroot.

here is my sources.list i use in my chroot:

deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sarge main contrib non-free

for most things this ist enough.
(maybe you find a better one for your country, because this one contains the german server)

every time when you type "chroot /var/chroot/sid-ia32" you chang into your chroot. by typing "exit" you will be back at your original session.

If you now have forgotten some options just exit from the chroot, do what you have to do and than type again: "chroot /var/chroot/sid-ia32"

cu Inoad

-------
sorry for my bad english

Hi again,

I forgot one question:

"You also need a link to your 32bit linker in the /lib path. Change in
to directory /lib and create a link to the 32bit linker library of your
chroot: (The name of the 64bit linker is ld-linux-x86-64.so.2)"

According to the instructions I entered the chroot. Do I have to exit
the chroot, or not? Why not write down the complete command, so newbies (like me) can just
copy and paste the command?

Thanx, Erik