Re: fujitsu-siemens primergy rx300 s2

dr.bob wrote:

ok, all this, while quite interesting, is not really helpful towards the problem
at hand. So let me rephrase the question: is there a way that works, to do
a netinstall on a server box that has only BCM5700 NICs? Ubuntulinux perhaps? I happen not to have another Xeon box handy to build the module
on and transfer it to the target machina via floppy..
I didn't follow this whole discussion and may be missing the point. I just wanted to report I use the tg3 without problems on two of these:

0000:02:09.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit Ethernet (rev03)

I'd be happy to e-mail you one of these, but I imagine your system might protest you're using the wrong version:

/lib/modules/2.6.8/kernel/drivers/net/tg3.ko
vermagic:       2.6.8 SMP gcc-3.3
depends:        firmware_class
/lib/modules/2.6.9-ac6/kernel/drivers/net/tg3.ko
vermagic:       2.6.9-ac6 SMP gcc-3.3
depends:

The 2.6.8 is from a Debian kernel, the 2.6.9-ac6 obviously a kernel from kernel.org; it doesn't list any firmware depends.

Dave