Re: fujitsu-siemens primergy rx300 s2

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 00:00:42 +0100, David Liontooth
<liontooth@cogweb.net> wrote:
> I didn't follow this whole discussion and may be missing the point. I
> just wanted to report I use the tg3 without problems on two of these:
>
> 0000:02:09.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704
> Gigabit Ethernet (rev03)
>
> I'd be happy to e-mail you one of these, but I imagine your system might
> protest you're using the wrong version:

Hmm I can't really say ATM. All I can say right now is I used a
current amd64 netinstall image, and now I recall that tg3 did complain
something which
might have been about not finding a firmware file, so that might explain some.
I'll look further into the issue after the easter weekend, I might come back
to you then if you don't mind.