Re: Kernel panic 2.6.8-9 --result

Well, I tried everything I could.

  -- Deleting 'boot' line: Did not work.

  -- Using boot images from DFS: Did not work.

  -- Deleting 'initrd' line: Did not work.

  -- Using boot images from a fresh install with
     mkinitrd (all modules): Did not work.

  -- Debian install images will not install a thing onto
     a non-clean disk. So, it did not work either.

After a little while, it did not even begin to boot;
it kept dropping to GRUB CLI.

Anyway, at the end of the day --literally-- all I have
is GBs of raw data on RAID that once booted.

If anyone is interested: I suspect it has something to
do with something in the /boot partition. Somehow it
gets screwed.

Ray