Re: Matrox P650 and Athlon 64

Hello,

> Easy and reasonable are not what I would expect from this combo.
> Also, don't expect anything from Matrox. AFAIK they have not even
> published beta's for WinXP 64 let alone Linux.

So, I conclude that waiting some time before actually trying to install 64bit
on my machine is a good idea?

 What do you think, can I expect support for my graphic-card provided by a
64bit-X-Server at some time in the future, as some of the older Matrox-cards
are supported in 32 bit?

> Speaking of their Linux-driver. It is buggy and has seen no release since
> last december. A few hints have been given in August that they are still
> working on a new driver, but I would not bet on that.

Yes, especially some parts of its documentation where wrong, I trapped into
some problems when installing it.