Re: 64-bit kernel on sid / pure64?

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 08:38:32AM +0200, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 11:58:05PM -0300, Peter Cordes wrote:
> >  Last time I tried the amd64 kernel from sid it oopsed during boot in kacpid
> > (on my Tyan S2881).  I haven't gotten around to reporting this yet.  Should
> > I, or does anyone who actually hacks on it have an S2881/2 mobo.
>
> There where a few changes to acpi across the different versions of 2.6.8
> kernel-source debian packages, backports from 2.6.9-rc wich broke and fixed
> again various issues. You might want to try
>
> deb http://users.idf.de/~fs/debian-kernel/i386/ ./
>
> packages, wich actually are waiting in the NEW queue to be added to sid.

 Thanks.  I didn't get around to trying them until they were in sid, on my
university's local mirror, but anyway...  They have the same problem as
before.  Sometimes they oops in kacpid, sometimes they boot but soon after
become _very_ slow and lock up for minutes on end (with occasional periods
of responsiveness) with kacpid taking all the CPU.  It's not just the
console that's messed up;  I can ping but not ssh in.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)