Re: 64-bit kernel on sid / pure64?

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 11:58:05PM -0300, Peter Cordes wrote:
>  Last time I tried the amd64 kernel from sid it oopsed during boot in kacpid
> (on my Tyan S2881).  I haven't gotten around to reporting this yet.  Should
> I, or does anyone who actually hacks on it have an S2881/2 mobo.

There where a few changes to acpi across the different versions of 2.6.8
kernel-source debian packages, backports from 2.6.9-rc wich broke and fixed
again various issues. You might want to try

deb http://users.idf.de/~fs/debian-kernel/i386/ ./

packages, wich actually are waiting in the NEW queue to be added to sid.

Greetings
Frederik Schueler

--
ENOSIG