Re: Floppies for amd64 ?

Am 2004-09-07 15:19:10, schrieb Lennart Sorensen:
> On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 08:51:15PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > How to Boot from network ?
> > I have no 'tftpd' running ?
>
> So run one.  Plenty of them around.  Easy to setup.
>
> > Because the floppies are working properly even with my Intel 1000MT
>
> Well that's new.
>
> > I use 2.4.26 curenly
>
> But is that an amd64 kernel or just i386?

i386

> > A release which does detect a deactivated on-board NIC
> > which does not work and not find a INTEL GBit NIC
>
> Well it SHOULD find the intel.

And I can nocht use the 10/100 MBit nic, because the Switch is GigaBit

> I suspect someone would like bug reports about that then, since it
> should work.  I have tried the sarge installer on a number of different
> machines (some not even x86) and it has worked fine in most cases so
> far.

I have an MSI-Mainboard K8D Master 3 wit two Opterons and 8 GByte
of memory, but can not get SMP on amd64/SID working...

Running i386 WOODY or SARGE with SMP works fine...

> But that still just gives you i386 right?

I have gotten a script which I use to install amd64 packages and it
was written from one of the contributors on this List.

Do not know his name... was for 6 or 7 Month or something like this.

But there are some errors... while configuring... and writing the
/var/lib/dpkg/status

Oh yes, there was someone which has told me that there is another
bootstrap program which can do this and installing lilo, the kernel
and dependencies to...

Where can I find this bootstrap package ?

> Len Sorensen

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi