Re: Floppies for amd64 ?

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 09:39:48PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> And I can nocht use the 10/100 MBit nic, because the Switch is GigaBit

There are switches too stupid to autonegotiate any speed?  I thought
gigabit copper ethernet required autonegotiate in the spec.

> I have an MSI-Mainboard K8D Master 3 wit two Opterons and 8 GByte
> of memory, but can not get SMP on amd64/SID working...
>
> Running i386 WOODY or SARGE with SMP works fine...

I wonder if you are being hit by the grub memory size bug on amd64 that
I read about recently.  Check the amd64 debian archives if you haven't
already.  Or try with half the ram removed and see if that fixes it, in
which case you have some idea where to start looking.

> I have gotten a script which I use to install amd64 packages and it
> was written from one of the contributors on this List.
>
> Do not know his name... was for 6 or 7 Month or something like this.
>
> But there are some errors... while configuring... and writing the
> /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> Oh yes, there was someone which has told me that there is another
> bootstrap program which can do this and installing lilo, the kernel
> and dependencies to...
>
> Where can I find this bootstrap package ?

Not sure.  I only know of debootstrap and cdebootstrap that comes in
Debian.