Re: testing wanted: debian-installer, now with 2.6.15

Steve Langasek wrote:

>> use
>> This
>> alpha
>> will
>> be
>> good
>> etch

>> >    Well, this doesn't boot on mulitas. Not on mine, at least, and it's
>> > got 256mb ram, if that makes any difference. I sure wish this problem
>> > would get fixed in future releases.
>
>> I'd love this too. I've got a multia (or three!) lined up and waiting for
>> Debian stable installation, but I can't boot off the sarge install CD. I
>> do
>> get a couple of soft errors when reading from my SCSI CDROM before aboot
>> kicks off, but it only hangs when aboot starts the kernel with
>> arguments...
>
>> My multia has 64MB ram if that makes a difference.
>
>> Also I'd prefer a CD image as my DHCP server isn't set up for BOOTP/TFTP
>> ethernet installation (or whatever) I only have samba shares ;-)
>
> Well, I'm afraid I'm just about done putting time into this issue unless
> someone can give me a pointer to where the problem is, or donate a Multia
> me to work on directly; there's just too much ground to cover, with *both*
> kernel updates *and* aboot updates breaking the images, for me to try to
> sort it out when I don't have one of these boxes at hand.

Funny you should say that seeing as I have 3 knocking about ;-)

But actually yes, I have been looking to donate something to debian for a
while (was told last time I asked that cash wasn't really necessary) and
this would be as good of a way as any. Assuming you'd be interested in one
of these multia's? The main problem is that 2 of them have a dead JBAT and
thus won't boot. Obviously I'd rather keep the one working JBAT, but then
you can probably lay your hands on a 4.5V battery somewhere. For the rest
they were working fine last time they were operational. I can spare 64 MB of
ECC SIMM over 4 slots and they each have a 1 GB internal SCSI drive.

Now practicalities. What's your address? I'm in the Netherlands, so
hopefully you're in Europe, as they ain't exactly light! Do you have an
external SCSI CDROM and cable? The multia has a 50 pin high density SCSI
Connector at the rear and no room inside for a CDROM.

cheers,
Pete
Sent from the debian-alpha forum at Nabble.com.