Re: Multia netboot with SRM

Steve Langasek wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 10:16:15AM -0600, Harmon Seaver wrote:
>

>>     Anyway -- the newest image just reboots to srm like the other did.
>>The tftpboot.img still works. But I'm not sure that alpha-netboot.img is
>>going as far as boot.img -- it loads initrd, but I don't see it booting
>>the kernel before the screen goes black.
>>

>Well, that's a problem; it seems to indicate that changing *either* the
>bootloader, *or* the kernel, to sarge versions renders the image unbootable
>on Multia.  This makes it very impractical for me to try to continue
>providing test images to debug this, since I have to continue futzing around
>with tools from woody.
>
>Have you tried installing woody on one of these machines?  If you can get
>woody installed, we can try booting different kernel versions from the hard
>drive, which will be a lot easier to switch out than continuing to build
>bootable images.

     Yes, I installed woody, then did a dist-upgrade to sarge, and also
did a apt-get upgrade off the etch cd. I'm running the 2.4.27-2 kernel
right now, The problem is lack of drive space. I think there wasn't
enough room to install the 2.6 kernel, at least without removing the 2.4
kernel first, but that was awhile back.