Re: Multia netboot with SRM

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 10:16:15AM -0600, Harmon Seaver wrote:
>      Anyway -- the newest image just reboots to srm like the other did.
> The tftpboot.img still works. But I'm not sure that alpha-netboot.img is
> going as far as boot.img -- it loads initrd, but I don't see it booting
> the kernel before the screen goes black.

Well, that's a problem; it seems to indicate that changing *either* the
bootloader, *or* the kernel, to sarge versions renders the image unbootable
on Multia.  This makes it very impractical for me to try to continue
providing test images to debug this, since I have to continue futzing around
with tools from woody.

Have you tried installing woody on one of these machines?  If you can get
woody installed, we can try booting different kernel versions from the hard
drive, which will be a lot easier to switch out than continuing to build
bootable images.