Re: em86

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 02:31:43PM +0200, Pekka H wrote:

> I googled and found similar problems that I have, but no solution.

> Richard says

> http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2002/05/msg00049.html

> "I did read though that EM86 doesnt work with new versions of glibc"

> So my question is what version of glibc hould work and is there any else
> solution to get em86 work?

Nope, the only way to get em86 working is to run it on and old system.
IIRC it has issues not just with new glibc, but also with new kernels as
well (due to sufficiently old glibcs not running right on modern
kernels...).

Fixing this for newer systems with a rebuild is not possible because some of
the issues lie in the closed-source FX!32 code which HP is not at liberty to
release.