Re: kernel-image packages for alpha in need of testing

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 08:24:17PM +0200, Joerg Hoh wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 12:44:34PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > Yes, you're right, those images still have the old kernel on them.  I've
> > bumped the requested kernel version in d-i and rebuilt, you should get a
> > 2.4.26-1-generic kernel if you re-download.

> I tried this new one, but d-i presents only messages like this " Error
> while running 'modprobe -v qlogicisp'" on every (?) module it tries to load
> at the beginning.

So close, and yet so far... :/  The busybox insmod used in d-i is
failing on all modules in these kernel packages, with the error

  insmod: Unhandled relocation of type 10 for .text

Of course, there's no such error using the insmod from
module-init-tools.

I'll chase this up with the busybox maintainer after confirming whether
this is also a problem with the autobuilt 2.4.26 packages.

> (btw: Is there a possibility to display the error message of modprobe or
> dmesg?)

> I have a PWS 433, using d-i over serial

If you can get to the 'launch a shell' option, you should be able to run
"modprobe -v qlogicisp" by hand to see the error message.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer