Re: kernel-image packages for alpha in need of testing

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 08:24:17PM +0200, Joerg Hoh wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 12:44:34PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > Yes, you're right, those images still have the old kernel on them.  I've
> > bumped the requested kernel version in d-i and rebuilt, you should get a
> > 2.4.26-1-generic kernel if you re-download.

> I tried this new one, but d-i presents only messages like this " Error
> while running 'modprobe -v qlogicisp'" on every (?) module it tries to load
> at the beginning.

So close, and yet so far... :/  The busybox insmod used in d-i is
failing on all modules in these kernel packages, with the error

  insmod: Unhandled relocation of type 10 for .text

Of course, there's no such error using the insmod from

I'll chase this up with the busybox maintainer after confirming whether
this is also a problem with the autobuilt 2.4.26 packages.

> (btw: Is there a possibility to display the error message of modprobe or
> dmesg?)

> I have a PWS 433, using d-i over serial

If you can get to the 'launch a shell' option, you should be able to run
"modprobe -v qlogicisp" by hand to see the error message.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer