Re: booting on a microway alpha box

Paul,
	From milo I was told to use >ls hdb0:
This works but I see I can also use >ls hdb:
and get the same affect.

I downloaded the latest 3.0r0 release (disk 1 US) and I have now tried
again with the same results.

>From milo I used
milo> boot hdb:/boot/linux root=/dev/hdb load_ramdisk=1
and
milo> boot hdb:/boot/linux root=/dev/hdb/boot load_ramdisk=1
(I added boot to the root lines since I see root.bin in that directory,
I was hoping the path plus load_ramdisk=1 would grab it.. it didn't)

I should note that this is linux 2.2.20 and a review of the kernel
messages does show that it sees hdb as a CD-ROM on the IDE (obviously)
channel.  It loads and starts the kernel nicely, which I assume is all
milo is really there to help with.  After which I should be squarely in
kernel land with respect to errors/commands/etc.

I also see the kernel state:
VFS: Mounted root (iso9660 filesystem) readonly

in the kernel messages, so it seems to locate the cdrom as the root.

then again as before the error is (for both cases):

Kernel panic: No init found Try passing init= option to kernel

Question:
I should be able to boot into Debian from the CD (disk 1) correct?

thansk for everyones help and time with this..
I'm really hoping to wipe all our alpha machines to debian 3.0, (we have
about 30+ of these beasts and they are running old RH 6.2)

take care
doug