booting on a microway alpha box

I've been searching FAQ's and the net for information about booting a
microway alpha workstation. (currently running RedHat 6.2)

EB164 (lx164 variation)

I can get the system to start the boot, uncompress kernel and begin the
boot process with Debian 3.0 and 2.2.
However, I get either kernel frezes on boot or failure to init and I've
tried all sorts of kernel init/root boot prompt options.

Has anyone been successfull on a microway alpha box eb164(lx164) and if
so can you tell me what your boot command from milo looked like?

thanks much
doug