Re: PLEASE READ: egcs issues -- workaround

On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 02:42:29PM -0800, Oscar Levi wrote:

> That's one method of solving the problem.  Is this a hack to re-enable
> crippled systems, or is it meant to be a true solution?

Well, it will re-enable crippled systems (of course, you have to get the
pre-compiled library there somehow) and it can act as a "solution" if you
really must run a binary compiled with the broken libc on a non-broken
system.  (Currently, that means running a Debian binary on a Red Hat
system... hmm.)

> Also, what's with the i486-linux part?  Do you mean to say that your hack
> makes a library with the necessary symbol from the x86 version and runs it
> on an Alpha?

Oops, I developed that example on an x86 and forgot to fix it up.  Clearly
you need to use the correct libgcc.a for your native alpha compiler.

Have fun,

Avery