Re: PLEASE READ: egcs issues -- workaround

That's one method of solving the problem.  Is this a hack to re-enable
crippled systems, or is it meant to be a true solution?  Also, what's
with the i486-linux part?  Do you mean to say that your hack makes a
library with the necessary symbol from the x86 version and runs it on
an Alpha?