Re: :(

Hi all!

Sorry for the long silence ... ("rumours of my death have been greatly
exaggerated" - or something like that ...).

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> Well, egcs failed all of the tested Fortran tests too :(
> I have a feeling it thinks it's using an old version of dejagnu, so I'll
> play with it before I make a judgement one way or another.

Hmm, I can't even get it to compile.  My problem is in
/usr/include/libc-lock.h.  I'm still running glibc6.1*_2.0.4-1.  Should I
upgrade to 2.0.5c - I saw somet;hing about memory leaks with this version,
so wasn't sure if it was considered safe ...

BTW, config.guess on my machine reports `alphaev5-unknown-linux-gnu'.  I'd
be interested to know what different alpha*-unknown-linux-gnu platforms
there are, and what the compiler does differently for them ...

Cheers,

Nikhil.

| Nikhil Nair                    |                                 |
| Department of Chemistry        | Tel.:  +44 1223 336350 (lab)    |
| University Chemical Laboratory |        +44 1223 368353 (home)   |
| Lensfield Road                 | Email: nn201@cus.cam.ac.uk      |
| CAMBRIDGE                      |        nxn@theor.ch.cam.ac.uk   |
| CB2 1EW                        |        nnair@debian.org         |
| England                        |                                 |