Re: Debian on DEC 3000
Thanks for all answers. I can't figure out if this machine has Turbo
Channel, but if not, lets consider the following installation path which
seems to be the most simplest and does not require any additional
hardware like external SCSI cdrom or terminal:
1. The actual bootable disk in Alpha Station will be replaced with the
actually empty disk from DEC 3000. Now I have monitor, keyboard and cdrom.
2. From the SRM console let's type the command of booting from CD.
Question: is it possible? I.e.: does SRM console understand iso9660
file system? If yes, then
3. Installing neccesary software from CD.
4. Disks are replaced back, the DEC's disk returns to its machine.
5. Smoke test. And next question: does alpha kernel properly recognize
new hardware it will wake up with? Especially the network card which
most important device in that case.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .