Re: :( (egcs tests)

On Thursday,  4 Dec, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> Well, egcs failed all of the tested Fortran tests too :(
> I have a feeling it thinks it's using an old version of dejagnu, so I'll
> play with it before I make a judgement one way or another.

Which version of dejagnu do you use?  Is it from ftp.cygnus.com:/pub/egcs
or some official version?

> My problems could be related to putting in a new version of binutils also,
> but I really doubt that since the gcc tests mostly passed (and there were
> a few g++ tests that actually did work also).

I attach my testsuite results for comparison:

Test Run By cetus on Mon Nov 24 17:50:06 1997
Native configuration is alpha-unknown-linux-gnu

		=== gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes		4874
# of unexpected failures	9
# of expected failures		5
# of unsupported tests		7
/usr/home/cetus/egcs-971122/gcc/xgcc version egcs-2.90.18 971122 (gcc2-970802 experimental)

--- Note that these failures are known floating point related problems,
and Richard Henderson is said to be working on them.

		=== g++ Summary ===

# of expected passes		3330
# of unexpected failures	66
# of unexpected successes	2
# of expected failures		86
# of untested testcases		6
/usr/home/cetus/egcs-971122/gcc/testsuite/../xgcc version egcs-2.90.18 971122 (gcc2-970802 experimental)

--- Not that bad.  Did you mean "_quite_ a few g++ tests" that worked?

		=== libio Summary ===

# of expected passes		40

		=== libstdc++ Summary ===

# of expected passes		30

Will you please check these summaries against yours?

	Nikita