Re: config management/database (was Re: Control Panel)

Previously Martin Bialasinski wrote:
> You use a bind-like config. Wouldn't it be easier to use sgml or xml
> for the config? Looks like the whole world goes after it (even M$), so
> there will be much code we can reuse. Methods for parsing are well
> established.

Frankly I don't really care about the syntax as long as it is easy to
use and preferably easy to parse. It's a bit of a non-issue because the
parser is easily changed as long as no official version is released.

> Your opinion?

I've never used sgml and xml, and I've already written a parser for the
bind syntax once or twice, which is the only reason I used it.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl