Re: config management/database (was Re: Control Panel)

On Sun, Mar 21, 1999 at 01:46:04AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Robert Woodcock wrote:
> > You can read about the communications scheme in Wichert's proposal
> > (that document covers the whole enchilada -
> > http://www.debian.org/~wakkerma/design5.txt)
> So.... is there anyone who has some time to work on this? I have just
> enough time to help designing the code and doing some debugging, but my
> schedule is a bit too full to do the major coding :(

I could probably find some spare time to codebash a bit (I like
codebashing to relax. As long as I don't have to do any specification,
or implement anything to huge from scratch).

So. What things need to be coded?

Maybe it'd be a good idea for you (or someone else) to setup a webpage
with what's been done (your proposal, and others?), what's being done and
who's doing it, and what still needs to be done somewhere. Whoever's
willing to maintain that page might like to mail our release manager and
sponsor this too. [0]

Cheers,
aj

[0] I have an ulterior motive here. I'm half considering sponsoring IPv6
    integration into potato/whatever's next but I just don't have time to
    do too much of it myself. So I'm curious just how much work sponsoring
    will turn out to be...