Re: anybody here using emacspeak in Debian

emacspeak-37 isn't building on archlinux because info documentation was
found broken and info documentation is in process of being fixed by
upstream.  The errors were bad enough that they broke the make process.
That having been written, it will be a good idea to watch commits in
info for emacspeak-37 and either wait until those become mature or
possibly make a few helpful contributions to fixes yourself.  T.V. Raman
now works for google and that means he has less time availble to support
emacspeak than he would like.

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013, Paul Gevers wrote:

> retitle 636408 ITA: emacspeak -- speech output interface to Emacs
> owner 636408 debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org
> thanks
>
> Hi all,
>
> On 28-03-13 14:25, Mario Lang wrote:
> > Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> writes:
> >
> >> I just saw that emacsspeak is up for adoption (already a long time),
> >> that upstream is active, that there is a much newer release than the one
> >> currently in Debian. I myself am no user of such software, but as I am
> >> contributor to debian-accessibility, I was wondering how much of you are
> >> using it and if we (d-a11y) should start to maintain the package. What
> >> are your experiences with the package? Are alternatives that are
> >> actively maintained better options and should we just request removal?
> >
> > While I can not really step up to maintain it, I can answer your last
> > question.  Removal of Emacspeak is simply not acceptable.  There is an
> > alternative impelementation, but I am not sure if it is actively
> > maintained by its upstream still.  Emacspeak has its fanbase, and we
> > should provide (up-to-date) packages to satify them.
>
> I have seen your answers and so I believe it is good if this package is
> maintained by the Debian Accessibility Project. Therefore, when I have
> the time, I will try to update the packaging and make a new release. Be
> warned, off course this will not be part of the wheezy release.
>
> Paul

jude <jdashiel@shellworld.net>
Microsoft, windows is accessible. why do blind people need screen readers?