Re: anybody here using emacspeak in Debian

retitle 636408 ITA: emacspeak -- speech output interface to Emacs
owner 636408 debian-accessibility@lists.debian.org
thanks

Hi all,

On 28-03-13 14:25, Mario Lang wrote:
> Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org> writes:
>
>> I just saw that emacsspeak is up for adoption (already a long time),
>> that upstream is active, that there is a much newer release than the one
>> currently in Debian. I myself am no user of such software, but as I am
>> contributor to debian-accessibility, I was wondering how much of you are
>> using it and if we (d-a11y) should start to maintain the package. What
>> are your experiences with the package? Are alternatives that are
>> actively maintained better options and should we just request removal?
>
> While I can not really step up to maintain it, I can answer your last
> question.  Removal of Emacspeak is simply not acceptable.  There is an
> alternative impelementation, but I am not sure if it is actively
> maintained by its upstream still.  Emacspeak has its fanbase, and we
> should provide (up-to-date) packages to satify them.

I have seen your answers and so I believe it is good if this package is
maintained by the Debian Accessibility Project. Therefore, when I have
the time, I will try to update the packaging and make a new release. Be
warned, off course this will not be part of the wheezy release.

Paul