Re: speaker-test parameters

That speaker-test command on slackware 13.37 is worthless.  Better to
use aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav to actually hear any
of those wav files.  The -w and  -W switches have no effect other than
to ask for an argument in speaker-test and what I wrote this morning you
can find using man speaker-test.  This means bad documentation on the
part of the alsa foundation.