Re: installing with the debian installer and selecting pam profiles and gdm3 not able to login using the keyboard

Hello,

Nick Gawronski, le Wed 06 Oct 2010 09:57:40 -0600, a écrit :
> Hi, I am using the latest testing gtk mini iso image and was installing testing
> and chose to install X as well as the standard system.  When the pam profiles
> were selected

Err, I didn't reach such question, so can't work on the bug you're
facing.  AIUI, you chose the low level for debconf questions, but then
answered the default answers, except probably partitioning, and in
tasksel, you selected the graphical desktop and standard system, i.e. 1
and 10, right?

> and any keys I press on the keyboard I don't get to a login screen and I
> can't login and start speech.

Note that gdm3 first permits to choose a login instead of typing it. To
type a login, you need to first press the end key, then enter, and then
type your login, enter, password, enter.

> If possible could there be an option in the configuration of gdm3
> to enable orca upon login so users could use speech to login to the
> system

There is one, it's just quite complex:

sudo -u Debian-gdm gconftool --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/applications/at/screen_reader_enabled true

I'm checking with upstream about adding a shortcut to trigger the gnome
accessibility panel.

Samuel