Re: unable to log into gdm3 after reboot

Hello,

Kenny Hitt, le Mon 27 Sep 2010 07:19:39 -0500, a écrit :
> Hi.  I logged out of my gnome session this morning for the first time in over a week.  When I tried to log in again, I was unable to do so.

At last I'm getting to this.  I don't know how gdm was behaving before,
but nowadays you can not directly type a login, you need to press the
end key and enter or space to select the "Other..." choice in the login
choice menu.  Note that you can enable Orca in gdm3 by using:

sudo -u Debian-gdm gconftool --type bool --set /desktop/gnome/applications/at/screen_reader_enabled true

(Or doing it from the accessibility panel shown by gdm3, but apparently
there is not yet a shortcut to attein it, or at least it's not
documented and the gdm3 maintainer doesn't know about it, I'm checking
this out).

Samuel