Re: TR: tasksel + gdm and accessibility issues for the d-i

Labrador <labrad0r@edpnet.be> writes:

>> > Impossible: we have a need like you already have some at the beginning of
>> > your Deb installation; explain me please what's the difference or what's the
>> > problem between having brltty support right in the d-i but not further
>> > accessibility/assistivity for Gnome ?
>>
>> Don't mix things: Mario was answering your initial concern, which was
>> about _installing_ gnome-orca.  He answered by saying that we should
>> probably rather convince the debian developers that gnome-orca should
>> just _always_ be installed.  And thus no need for a tasksel item.
>> That's all he meant to say, no need to go ranting.
>>
>> Now you are talking about _activation_. That is a quite different
>> concern (and much more difficult to implement), but yes that would be
>> good too. Now, about the difference: as I explained in French on another
>> list it is merely that it has to be done, and nobody yet took the time
>> to do it, that's all.
>
> I personally agree about what Sam said but providing currently an entry for
> marking Gnome-orca as candidate in tasksel will anyway be useful now, since
> not only newbies were be helped but also sighted persons who try to help
> blind newbies whle themselve haven't the knowledge about accessibility
> issues.

> On long terms it may be better if gnome-orca is installed by default, but
> for now it isn't.

Great, do you volunteer to implement it, then?  I dont see much gain
in providing a gnome-orca selection via tasksel if the activation
issue is still totally unsolved, but you seem to know better.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>