Re: Extending accessibility support in D-I for Lenny

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 05:08:02PM -0600, John Heim wrote:

> I understand there are other linux screen readers. i have never tried them.
> Maybe one of them would be easier to get into the linux kernel source.

Yasr works well, and it operates entirely in user-space, without any changes
at the kernel level. In fact, it can also run on BSD Unix, Solaris and
possibly elsewhere, and supports Emacspeak speech servers to provide software
synthesis.

It would be a worthwhile option to consider for an installation scenario.