Re: Extending accessibility support in D-I for Lenny

On Thursday 15 February 2007 23:53, Gilles Casse wrote:
> Today, in principle using a Speakup enabled kernel + Speechd-Up +
> SpeechDispatcher + eSpeak or in user space, Yasr + emacspeak server +
> eSpeak, a text based dialog might be correctly spoken.

However, we understand that the speakup patches have never been properly
ported to current 2.6 kernels and that there were security issues with
the speakup patches. That is why speakup support was dropped from the
installer when we dropped support for 2.4 kernels.