Re: Steps towards a concept for the Debian Academy

On 30/09/2020 19:17, jathan wrote:
> On 29/09/2020 13:23, Paul Sutton wrote:

>>> Thank you.

>>> Sorry, I don't understand what you are referring to with "a website"
>>> here, can you explain?
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> gregor
>>>

>> 1.
>>
>> It is in reference to the last part of how can you help? on the
>>
>> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianAcademy
>>
>> page
>>
>> "Create a website for the Debian Academy Project. "
>>
>> Slightly unrelated to this, but still overall project related.
>>
>> 2.
>>
>> We also have  GirlScript Foundation who are willing to help
>> https://girlscript.tech they will advertise the fact that we are looking
>> for help to the girls they work with.
>>
>> Main contact Nihal for them will be pandeynihal11@gmail.com
>>

>> Paul
>>
> Hi Paul,
>
> A question. Do GirlSript Foundation are interested to create contents
> about Debian Development or what are you expecting with them regarding
> to Debian Academy?
>
> Regards
> Jathan

Well my first thinking was to give them a chance to get involved, either
directly with the academy e.g feedback or sharing their teaching
experience, or experience from learning view point.

Looking at their projects page, they seem to have some nice projects on
there.

But if anyone wanted to get involved with general Debian development
that is what the Academy is for, but it also helps us if we know what
people want to learn, what knowledge they have already.

I keep hearing (at least here in Torbay) that children and young people
want to be given opportunities, sometimes you need to reach out,  invite
people on board, then look at working out how any involvement can be
mutually beneficial, If we are too explicit, it turns people away, if we
are open minded as to how others can help we cna talk and negotiate
involvement level.

Paul
--
Paul Sutton, Cert ContSci (Open)