Re: Wiki Page

On 30/09/2020 19:25, jathan wrote:
> On 29/09/2020 14:35, Paul Sutton wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Just chatting to David B ( kc4zvw ) on IRC he has suggested the wiki
>> should make some info easier to find
>>
>> join maillist
>> find irc channel
>> what is sandstorm
>> what/where is the moodle
>>
>> To this end, perhaps we need a get started page with the following on.
>>
>> How to join the Mailing list
>> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianAcademy
>>
>> You can send a message to the list, without subscribing by sending an
>> e-mail to
>>
>> debian-academy@lists.debian.org
>>
>> You can subscribe by entering your e-mail address in to the forum here
>>
>> https://lists.debian.org/debian-academy/
>>
>> How to find the IRC channel
>>
>> #debian-academy is hosted on the oftc irc network, you can join via a
>> web interface by going to
>>
>> https://www.oftc.net/
>>
>> entering a nickname and #debian-academy in to the form on the top right,
>> then click 'chat!'
>>

>> Sandstorm is a collaborative text pad, so people can gather ideas etc in
>> one place
>>
>> https://deb.li/3izfd is a short link to the page where we are gathering
>> ideas
>>
>> Moodle
>>
>> the moodle instance can be found at
>>
>> https://academy.debian.net/login/index.php
>>
>> you can login with your gitlab credentials
>>
>> For completeness perhaps add the following.
>>
>> Gitlab a platform for collaborating on software projects, you can use it
>> in a similar way to github, and push, pull, fork source code etc in the
>> same way.
>>
>> Happy to do this if it helps
>>
>> Paul
>>
> Hi Paul,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions. Could you share a draft of the Wiki
> contents modification here in the Mailing List or at our Sandstorm with
> your proposals written in the whole structure please?
>
> Regards
> Jathan

Yes, I will do this, it was more from Davids observation that got me
looking at this. There is a lot of people who use TL:DR (too long,
didn't read) out there, so lets try and make it easier for people to
find the essential information.

Keep the page short / simple then expand as people ask questions.

With mailing list it is important to know how to unsubscribe too.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton, Cert ContSci (Open)
https://personaljournal.ca/paulsutton/