Re: Centris 650 Debian 10 SID Installation

On 6/10/19 12:01 AM, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>> I tried leaving out the slash after debian-ports; apt-get still fails to
>> find anything.  Perhaps something failed to get installed or configured
>> after the installation hung.
>
> I doubt that.

Again, actual error messages would be helpful.

>> Alternately, if there is a way to restart the installation, skipping the
>> step where it asks whether any additional CDs or DVDs should be read,
>> that might also work.  Otherwise, I can probably get it working well
>> enough by manually installing what I need, though I'm not sure yet how
>> to fix the keymap issue on the VGA console.
>
> I don't think you can continue an installation, but maybe thats a new
> feature. There are always news things to learn.
>
> I am a bit confused by the layout of the ports mirror.
> It seems the m68k debs are in this directory:
>
> http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool-m68k/main/
>
> But there is also this directory, that I thought that would be used for
> finding debs (this contains only all.debs?):
>
> http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool/main/

That's normal. That's how the archive layout of Debian Ports looks like
and is owed to the fact that Debian Ports supports uploading packages
for the unreleased distribution per architecture.

> On the official mirrors, I do not see the arch in the name of the pool
> directory, ie this has debs for different arches:
>
> http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/bash/

The official mirrors use DAK, Debian Ports uses mini-DAK. The mirrors therefore
aren't comparable.

> Maybe that is a new feature (that your apt does not support) or something is
> broken with the ports server, which I doubt. Adrian will tell us?

No, nothing broken, nothing unusual. It should work.

> Maybe you can try to add this to your sources.list:
>
> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main
>
> (yes, with a trailing slash is what I use, works on my notebook).

This will not work.

> You will not find m68k.debs there, but it should give you access to
> all.debs, so you could try to apt install a doc package (bash-doc) or
> debhelper (which will fail because it depends on more packages), but maybe
> it can give you a clue where the problem lies.

The all debs are mirrored on Debian Ports.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz