Re: Centris 650 Debian 10 SID Installation

Hi,
On Sun, Jun 09, 2019 at 02:16:19PM -0600, userm57@yahoo.com wrote:
> The mailing list seems to have munged my message, adding extra question
> marks.  I'm not sure why, maybe because my mail client formatted the
> message in HTML instead of plain text (sorry about that).
>
> Anyway, here it is again, hopefully this will be more readable.

Much better :-)

> And BTW, I'm not complaining about anything or suggesting that anyone
> isn't working very hard to provide a working GNU/Linux system forancient
> hardware.  I'm just trying to figure out why it's not working and
> whether I'm doing something wrong.  Thanks to all for your efforts.

I haven't booted an m68k machine in a while, so I am not too qualified to
comment on the current setup. I am impressed by the effort you put in, it
seems you are very close to a working system.

> installer that hung).  The network is up, and apt-get works, but it
> doesn't find anything, even after
> adding these two lines to /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ sid main
> deb-src http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/ sid main
>
> Looking in a normal web browser, packages appear to be available in
> "http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports/pool-m68k/main/";, but apt-get
> doesn't appear to see
> anything.  Maybe there's a simple error in my sources.list?

Quite possible, the format is quite picky. Did you try to leave out the
slash after debian-ports? See:

https://wiki.debian.org/M68k/Installing

The page may be outdated, but it does not show a slash after debian-ports
and before unstable/unreleased:

  pick your favourite Debian unofficial ports mirror (weâ??ll be using ã??http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-portsã;??)

  deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports unstable main

  deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports unreleased main