Re: Centris 650 Debian 10 SID Installation

Hi Christian,

On 6/9/19 3:09 PM, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> I haven't booted an m68k machine in a while, so I am not too qualified to
> comment on the current setup. I am impressed by the effort you put in, it
> seems you are very close to a working system.

Yes, thanks.  I believe I could get it working by manually downloading
the packages that I need, move them over to the new installation using
Debian 3.1 and then installing them in Debian 10/sid.

> Quite possible, the format is quite picky. Did you try to leave out the
> slash after debian-ports? See:
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/M68k/Installing
>
> The page may be outdated, but it does not show a slash after debian-ports
> and before unstable/unreleased:
>
>   pick your favourite Debian unofficial ports mirror (we’ll be using 「http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports」;)
>
>   deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports unstable main
>
>   deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-ports unreleased main
>

> Christian

I tried leaving out the slash after debian-ports; apt-get still fails to
find anything.  Perhaps something failed to get installed or configured
after the installation hung.

Alternately, if there is a way to restart the installation, skipping the
step where it asks whether any additional CDs or DVDs should be read,
that might also work.  Otherwise, I can probably get it working well
enough by manually installing what I need, though I'm not sure yet how
to fix the keymap issue on the VGA console.

Thanks for your suggestions!

-Stan