Re: m68k meetup 2018 - second attempt

On 02/23/2018 11:57 AM, Ingo Jürgensmann wrote:
> … May is a too short-term date to look for interested people. At the m68k in Kiel I was attending some years ago, there were maybe 6-8 people attending and it was back then still a supported release platform, IIRC.

Hmm, I wouldn't say that 3 months ahead for a small meetup isn't too
much of short notice.

> I know that the Amiga scene is still quite active, like in the forum at a1k.org. I don’t think that you would gain many participants when limiting the invitation to this mailing list. Topics like GCC improvements and general portability issues also apply to Netbsd 68k and all those Amigans that port software to AmigaOS.

If you send invitations to a1k.org, the number of participants could
become very large. But as long as the venue has enough capacity, I
would be fine with that.

OTOH, the more people you want to accommodate, the harder it will probably
be to be able to agree on a date.

> And what about maybe Jens Schoenfeld or other hardware vendors?

Jens is usually very busy, so I don't know whether he would be interested
to come. But if you ask on a1k.org, he will be able to read it, too.

> So, maybe it’s a good idea to extend the invitation to these groups as well (and find a new date).

I think posting on a1k.org will already cover a large audience. You
might also ask on the linux-m68k kernel mailing list.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz