Re: m68k meetup 2018 - second attempt

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 03:35:52PM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> On 02/10/2018 02:53 PM, ALeX Kazik wrote:
> >> Since the last thread seems to have died down, let's try a second round.
> >> Who would be interested in a Debian m68k meeting in 2018?
> >
> > I'm interested. It's just a matter of the date though.
>
> To quote Christian's mail from last November:
>
> > Lectures will be over on Feb 14, exams on Feb 21. After that until April the
> > University should be mostly empty, but I might be away for a week or two.
> > The first half of March looks good right now, the sun is coming back, so we
> > could go swimming, the baltic usually does not freeze anymore in March
> >
> > If you want it later in the year, I would suggest late August / early
> > September, like last time. It will be hot (20°C!) and sunny, no classes.
> > But there I'd need to check for other conferences here first, this is the
> > preferred time for meetings.
>
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2017/11/msg00008.html
>
> The first half of March would be possible for me, meaning up until
> the 14th of March, after that I will be gone to Japan throughout
> the rest of March.

That was back in November... since there was no interest in Kiel then, I
have made other plans. I will not be available in March.

> April should be fine for me.

I will be available in April, but since classes are starting right after
easter, I am not sure if I will be able to organize anything in Kiel then.
I strongly prefer the semesterbreak (if I need to organize anything), or at
least later in the semester when things are going smoothly. With the
different holidays coming up, for me that would be early June (Mid May is
the mini debconf in HH? End of June is Kieler Woche, thats when you go
sailing, not hacking. Hotels will be hard to find here).

Even better, September: no classes, no debconf, no snow.

But whatever you agree on, if you want me to organize something in Kiel, you
need to give me some time to ask for permssion to use the rooms, or check if
rooms are available in the guesthouse. If you can organize a meeting at the
last minute in Essen or Bonn, go for it, but I am not that flexible.

Christian