Re: Debian on mac68k

On 02/21/2016 04:36 AM, James Hemsing wrote:
> Even if you could compile on a IIfx, the amount of time it would take
> would be astronomical. An Aranym build took me over an hour on an Ivy
> Bridge i7.

You should be able to cross-compile on Debian testing or unstable the
kernel in a few minutes. Just install the gcc-5-m68k-linux-gnu
compiler package.

I believe someone on this list has made kvm m68k instances of
> modern debian work on x86_64, and it is by far the fastest.

It's actually qemu-user, not kvm. But, yeah, that's me.

> Installing etch on my LC475 + FPU + 132MB of RAM and SCSI2SD took an
> hour to install etch with barebones X, FWIW.

Just install unstable with the help of debootstrap. Requires some
disk swapping, but gets you a much more recent system in any case.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz