Re: Log for attempted build of encfs_1.8.1-2 on m68k (dist=unstable)

Hallo,
* Thorsten Glaser [Thu, Jul 23 2015, 11:38:41AM]:

First news regarding encfs: I had a look on it... and couldn't figure
out what's wrong with autoconf. I might dig further but it's waste of
time because upstream has already switched to Cmake in his master git
branch. I tried this quickly and it compiles just fine on m68k.
Therefore, I would postpone the issue.

Do you (?) want to be notified (somehow?) when the next upstream
revision is out there?

> On both architectures, implicit padding is used, just the amount
> differs, i.e. you hit C implementation-defined (or even undefined?)
> behaviour. The correct fix here is to make the assumption explicit:
>
> struct foo { char c; char padding1[3]; int i; }
>
> This makes it look like i386 on all architectures.

Mh, thanks for the explanation. Btw, your patch from the mentioned bug
report works even for 1.58. I will try to get more feedback on this
issue, it's hard to believe that nobody is going to solve it.

> >PS, Aranym feedback:
> >
> >Doesn't work: apt complains about missing https transport in
>
> I think the image still uses the naturalnet mirror, which has

Yup.

> gone away. I’ll update the Wiki page. (The naturalnet server
> operator has decided to force https access and redirects, hence
> the trouble from apt.)

Ok. But it's still weird, looks like no https transport is available on
m68k?

> >The console is also kinda buggy, I cannot scroll with
> >Shift-PageUp/Down. I often lost focus while returning to the emulator.
>
> Mh, these are all emulator issues. We generally ssh into the system,
> it makes for a much, much smoother feeling.

Ok. I wish the README would just say this from the beginning - ssh into
it as soon as possible. And ideally, openssh-server package should be in
apt cache before (however this means not cleaning apt/dpkg caches before
you create the FS image, but it's always a tradeoff).

> >So, after all, installing openssh-server and ssh console was the only
> >sane solution.
>
> Correct. I think the README and/or Wiki page says so, too?

Somewhere down in the task list...

Regards,
Eduard.