Re: Log for attempted build of encfs_1.8.1-2 on m68k (dist=unstable)

Hallo,
* Thorsten Glaser [Fri, Jul 17 2015, 06:14:43PM]:
> (fixed the Reply-To)

Was there anything to fix?

> >First, it'd be nice to send a link to your fellow maintainers so they
> >don't have to dig around.
>
> Ah well, that’s linked from the PTS, and the reply answer to the
> buildd should be short.

It was, but it's an unnessary level of indirection.

> >Second, I see libboost-serialization-dev in
> >http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=encfs&arch=m68k&ver=1.8.1-2&stamp=1437105008
> >so... wtf?
>
> In that case, it lacks a versioning.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't contemn the development of
experimental architectures. But from my POV:
it was working with older boost versions and it works with newer ones.

Do you really expect me to hunt ghost bugs and identify the exact range
of boost versions that did have problems (espcially those which
appeared ONLY on m68k)? Just because you use a boost version that is
more than three years old, even older than the "Debian Stable" version?
Seriously? Or maybe you try to just sync your set of BASE libraries
(like boost) to at least Jessie level?

> >Third, my package is made for Debian Stable or newer. Your build
> >seems to run on oldstable (boost version 1.49). I may find a solution
>
> No, it runs unstable (boost version 1.49). Please add a version to
> your dependency if that is not enough.

There is no mention of 1.49 in
https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=sid&arch=m68k&mode=path&searchon=contents&keywords=boost
 and that is what counts.

And even then, none of the "ports unstable" buildds reported any such
problems:
http://buildd.debian-ports.org/status/package.php?p=encfs&suite=sid

Regards,
Eduard.

--
<Rhonda> formorer: Ein Editor, der das Tastenkürzel ctrl-alt-del als mögliche
	Befehlskombination für wahrscheinlich erscheinen lässt, ist einfach nur